I’m finished with Google Chrome.
- Its wiped my toolbar bookmarks AGAIN. This is the fourth time in six months.
[caption id="" align=“aligncenter” width=“595”]Chrome toolbar wipe opt
- It still burns more battery than Safari or Firefox.
[caption id="" align=“aligncenter” width=“595”]Google chrome significant energy opt
- The updater wastes bandwidth by updating every 60 minutes
[caption id="" align=“aligncenter” width=“595”]Google chrome continuous update request
- The updater keeps changing - I've seen wget, ksfetch, curl and custom updater. I'm wasting too much time on my outbound security setup here.
- It performs a hidden installation "Google Search" app on my Mac. What the hell ?
- Chrome keeps phoning home to tell Google what I'm doing (I monitor outbound traffic requests). Safe browsing is a feature but there are far more requests to Google domains that I cannot explain. Thats creepy and increasingly I worry about the data leakage that is occurring.
- Its big. 800MB so far and that's after a regular monthly cleanup
[caption id="" align=“aligncenter” width=“595”]Google chrome size
I’m back to using Apple Safari. Its not perfect either, but right now it is better than using Chrome on Mac OS X.